The Fort King National Historic Landmark is now open to the public.
What you need to know before visiting the park…
- The park is open on Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and Mondays from noon until 7pm or dark (whichever comes first).
- All visitors to the park must check in at the Fort King Heritage Center (visitors center) on site before accessing the trails.
- Trails are rough terrain and are not paved. With this in mind, those with mobility issues should request assistance with a guided tour of the trails.
- The trails include 22 information “stops” with signage that explains the history of the site. Those with cell phones can also access an audio tour that provides expanded information. Those with smart phones can access the audio tour using QR code technology. Complete information about this feature can be obtained at the visitors center.
- Group guided tours, information/education programs and future events are being added to the menu of programs available at the site.
If you are interested in volunteering at Fort King, please get in touch with the City of Ocala Volunteer Manager, Connie Carroll at (352) 368-5517.